Often the Easter narrative is told by way of Christ’s interaction with other male characters—eating the Passover meal with His disciples, the betrayal of Judas in the Garden of Gethsemane, and the words exchanged between the thieves crucified alongside Him. It’s not often we hear about the women that were part of His journey to Calvary. However, their stories are important and this year, we’ll hear them in the concluding talk from our Daughters of God series, “The Women of Easter.”
And like last year, CrossPoint Church is extending the Easter season to provide more opportunities for reflection, prayer, fellowship, and celebration. We hope you’ll participate in a couple—if not all—of these seasonal events:
- Easter Cross Dedication (Saturday, March 24, 10:30am). In 1933, local religious leaders sponsored an interfaith Easter morning program. The event brought together Utah County’s various Christian denominations in a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. To commemorate the event, a cross made from native stone was erected on the crest of a hill overlooking Utah Valley. It became known as the Easter Cross. The cross, which was broken down in the 1970s, has been repaired and given a new location—East Lawn Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Provo. The dedication, at which Pastor Logan will offer the closing prayer, will again bring different faiths together to reflect on the cross of Christ.
- Christ in the Passover (Tuesday, March 27, 6:30pm). This special service, hosted by our Taylorsville campus and presented by Jews for Jesus, will demonstrate how the Old Testament Passover meal established in Exodus pointed forward to Jesus Christ and His work of redemption. An offering will be collected for Jews for Jesus.
- Prayer and Testimony Service (Wednesday, March 28, 6:30pm). Continue to prepare for Easter during this time of Bible reading, prayer, and testimony. Dinner will be served. (This service will be hosted at a home in south Provo. Address available on Sunday.)
- Prayer and Testimony Service (Thursday, March 29, 6:30pm). Continue to prepare for Easter during this time of Bible reading, prayer, and testimony. Dinner will be served. (This service will be hosted at a home in Taylorsville. Address available on Sunday.)
- Good Friday Service (Friday, March 30, 6:30pm). You won’t want to miss this impactful time of Bible reading, prayer, and reflection on Christ’s sacrifice hosted by our Provo campus. Service will conclude with communion.
- Sunrise Service (Sunday, April 1, 6:30am). Just as Mary went early to the tomb of Jesus, we’ll meet early at our Provo campus to begin the day in celebration of Christ’s resurrection! Join us for Bible reading, singing, and prayer. Breakfast will be served. (Note: We will not hold our regular 5pm service in Provo.)
- Easter Service (Sunday, April 1, 10:30am). Make sure you’ve invited a friend and join us at our regular service time at our Taylorsville campus as we continue to celebrate the resurrection of Christ both in song and preaching. An Easter egg hunt will be held on the grounds following the service for the children.